Al-Hedayah School is a part-time Arabic/Islamic school that serves the Muslim Community in Calgary, Canada. The school accepts students from kindergarten to grade 8, attending public school.
Al-Hedayah School will strive to achieve its educational goals and aims through these two subjects. We believe that fulfilling these goals will:
- - Help students present their lessons using effective teaching strategies.
- - Concentrate on low and high achieving students equally.
- - Pay attention to the importance of parental involvement.
- - Build a generation that believes in Allah (S.W.T) through curriculum activities and special session.
- - Create an Islamic environment for growing and learning. We aim Insha'Allah to empower our students with the knowledge and skills needed to prepare them to lead successful lives as Canadian Muslims.
Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullahi waBarakatuh. Please accept my warmest welcome to Al-Hedayah School and the stat of a new school year. I am thrilled and eagerly looking forward to meeting and getting to know everyone as I principal of Al-Hedayah school. As you know education is a partnership that includes you, your children, and our teachers.
We will provide outstanding teachers, a caring and supportive staff later on, Insha'Allah, and a safe learning environment for your children. As our partners, we need you to in still in your children the value of education. Some of the best ways to do this are making sure your child arrives each day on time and ready to learn, helping them with home work, and talking with them about ideas and topics that they’re studying in school.
I also strongly encourage you to read to and with your children, regardless of their age, as this is one of the best ways to foster their love of reading while building their skills, twenty minutes of reading to and with your child each day equals one hundred and twenty two hours of reading skills practice in one year!
Al-Hedayah is your school. I want you to feel that you are a welcome and integral part of this social learning community. Everyone including; teachers, parents, volunteers, and of course the students, is continually learning, growing, and working together to enrich the learning environment and develop social skills. We know that learning together and from one another is on of the most powerful ways to learn, and it also builds relationships and community.
Get involved! Time invested with your child(ren) at home and at school pays off in huge dividends. The more you participate, the more you and your child will benefit from school. Al-Hedayah School recognises the importance of the following core values to our school community.
Our core values are:
- Faith: (iman) Recognizing and affirming that there is on creator (Allah) and only to him is worship due.
- Integrity: being consistently honest and trustworthy.
- Excellence: striving for the highest personal achievement in all aspects of schooling, individual and community action.
Kindly, I would like to draw your attention that our children will have first examination, quizzes, parent-teacher interview and final examination during 2009/2010 Insha'Allah.
I look forward to each day with optimism, enthusiasm and to a constructive and positive year, with our feet firmly planted on the road to a truly successful year for our students; parents and teachers.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan.